Heavy Mechanical Foundation
The Heavy Mechanical Foundation program is a 36 week program that combines in school and work based training designed to meet the competency standards and profile defined by the Industry Training Authority. The program prepares students for entry level positions as apprentices in four trades:
- Diesel Engine Mechanic (DEM)
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (HDET)
- Truck and Transport Mechanic (TTM)
- Transport Trailer Technician (TTT) (*Coming Soon)
Apply to CMTN
Visit Apply to CMTN for an Admissions Checklist and to apply online.
Our Educational Advisors are here to help if you have any questions or need guidance along the way.
Dates and locations
|September 9,2019-May 29,2020||Terrace Campus|
|Fall 20201||Terrace Campus|
Future planned intakes may be subject to change. Please check back to confirm availability.
ITA has approved a new apprenticeship training model for the Heavy Mechanical Trades. The full-time, 36-week program is competency-based covering all theory and practical components for a complement of valuable technical skills.
For more information, visit the ITA.
- Grade 12 OR Mature Student
- English Studies 10 , English First Peoples 10 or Equivalent
- Apprenticeship Workplace Math 10 or Higher
- Successful completion of a CAT Assessment Test
- Permission of Instructor.
Complete a CMTN Bursary Application [PDF]
|Full Time:||36 Weeks||36 Weeks|
|Student Union Fees:||$125.22||$125.22|
|Total Program Cost:||$3,495.18||$12,355.28|
Fees are effective as of August 1, 2019
Books & supplies
Books are available at the CMTN Bookstore. Please check your local campus for details.
Tool Kits are available for purchase through the NWCC Tool Crib. Kits are limited and reserved for students enrolled in specific Trades programs only. Tool kits do not include the required PPE and Supplies on the TOOLS/ SUPPLIES LIST. Prices are subject to change without notice.
In addition to the fees outlined in the Program Fees section, the following additional costs apply:
- Purchase of necessary learning resources (available at the CMTN Bookstore)
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Classroom Supplies
- Appropriate clothing