Diesel Engine Mechanic
Dates and locations
|Intakes are in conjunction with the Heavy Duty Equipment Technician1||Terrace Campus|
The full-time, 8-week program is competency based. The program delivers the complete theoretical and practical outcomes of the provincially accredited Diesel Engine Mechanic apprenticeship program.
- Line D Electrical
- Line H Engines and Supporting Systems
All apprentices who complete Level 2 of the Diesel Engine Mechanic program with a FINAL level percentage score of 70% or greater will receive 240 work-based hours. Apprentices will also be required to take an ITA Standardized Written C of Q Exam (Certification of Qualification).
Apprentices whom have passed level 2 with 70% or higher, passed the CofQ Exam at 70% or higher and have 3000 work base training hours or more will be recommended for certification.
- Must be a Registered Apprentice and have a TWID (Trade Worker ID) number
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (HDET) Level 1 OR
- Heavy Mechanical Foundations (HMF), OR
- Truck and Transport Mechanic (TTM) Level 1, OR
- Transport Trailer Technician (TTT) Level 1, OR
- Diesel Engine Mechanic (DEM) Level 1, AND
- Recommended 1000 hours work-base hours
- Grade 10 or equivalent Math, English and Science
- Grade 12 preferred
Complete a CMTN Bursary Application [PDF]
Please see tuition and fees associated with the Heavy Duty Equipment Technician program.
Visit the ITA website for more information on Career Opportunities for apprentices in this field.