Truck and Transport Mechanic Apprentice
The full-time, 8-week program is competency based. The program delivers the complete theoretical and practical outcomes of the provincially accredited Truck and Transport Mechanic apprenticeship program.
- Line D Electrical
- Line H Engines and Supporting Systems
All apprentices who complete Level 2 of the Truck and Transport Mechanic program with a FINAL level percentage score of 70% or greater will receive 240 work-based hours.
- Must be a Registered Apprentice and have a TWID (Trades Worker ID) number.
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (HDET) Level 1 OR
- Heavy Mechanical Foundations (HMF), OR
- Truck and Transport Mechanic (TTM) Level 1, OR
- Transport Trailer Technician (TTM) Level 1, OR
- Diesel Engine Mechanic (DEM) Level 1,
- Recommended 1000 hours work-base hours,
- Grade 10 or equivalent Math, English and Science.
- Grade 12 preferred
Complete a CMTN Bursary Application [PDF]
Program Fees and Program Offerings are associated with the Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprentice Program.
Please visit the ITA website for more information on career opportunities for apprentices in this field.