Nail Technician | Certificate
The CMTN College Nail Technician course promotes learning through utilizing the arts and sciences of natural and artificial nail care delivered in the classroom as well as in an educational nail salon setting. Participants will gain formal training to work in the nail industry as well as knowledge around the operation of a nail salon business. Students will participate in 400 hours of full-time education which will include a combination of theory and practical skills.
Related theoretical and practical content will be delivered through lectures, presentations, demonstrations, group work, hands on practical application and project-based learning strategies to promote student leaning. Nail Tech students will cover topics such as nail salon ecology, nail and skin physiology, client care, natural nail services including manicure and pedicure basics as well as artificial nail services including acrylic and gel nail applications along with specialty nail services including hand and foot treatments and nail art. Students will also learn about the nail salon business, professional development and personal development. Learners will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience by training in a student serviced nail salon where services are offered to the public.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be prepared to write the B.C. Beauty Council licensing examinations.
Apply to CMTN
Visit Apply to CMTN for an Admissions Checklist and to apply online.
Our Educational Advisors are here to help if you have any questions or need guidance along the way.
Dates and locations
|To Be Announced
|To Be Announced
- Grade 12 or Mature Student
- English Studies 10, English First People 10 or equivalent, AND
- Workplace Mathematics 10 or equivalent
To be successful in the Esthetics & Spa Therapy Certificate Program, it is recommended students possess the following characteristics:
- Ability to understand instruction in English;
- Genuine interest in administering personal services;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Pleasant and out going personality;
- Good hand and eye coordination;
- Manual dexterity and creative ability;
- Normal colour vision;
- Good depth perception and ability to perceive line and form;
- Ability to stand for a long periods of time;
- Ability to plan and work independently;
- Self motivation and a sense of responsibility;
- Basic writing and numerical skills.
Candidates considering this program are likely to be most successful as graduates if they are in good health and are aware that the following health concerns may affect this career:
- Respiratory problems
- Skin conditions
- Back Problems