Hairstylist | Foundation
The students learn through practical instruction and student participation with equipment in a salon setting. Successful completion is inclusive of both the technical training and work-based training hours.
The program consists of:
Hairstylist Technical Training 990 hours
Hairstylist Practicum 300 Work-Based training hours
- English Studies 10, English First Peoples 10, and Mathematics 10
- Recommended Science 10
- Grade 12 OR Mature Student
|Full Time:||43 Weeks||43 Weeks|
|Student Union Fees:1||$130.92||$130.92|
|Extended Health and Dental*:||$262.50||$567.23|
|Total Program Cost:||$11,202.40||$25,992.77|
Fees effective August 1, 2022 for the 2022/23 Academic year.
These fees are term based and may vary due to the length of the program.
Please note that these are approximate costs and may vary.
Basic Health insurance is mandatory for all international students. Health insurance costs will be charged every term until students provide proof of MSP.
Books & supplies
Student kits will be available for purchase on the first day of class but should be paid in advance at the Registration Office.
In addition to the fees outline above, the following costs apply:
- Appropriate clothing adhering to the dress code; black or grey pants, closed-toe black shoes (no sneakers), and hair and makeup done daily
- Purchase of individual consumables after those in the student kits are consumed (ie: latex gloves, bobby pins, etc.)
- Purchase of necessary learning resources (available at the CMTN Campus Store)
- Learners are also required to provide pencils, pens, eraser, binders and paper
Hairstylists have many opportunities throughout the beauty industry including working in hair salons, spas, barber shops, schools, hair replacement clinics, health care establishments, hotels, and in the cruise, fashion and entertainment industries. With experience, hairstylists may move into other positions such as salon managers, owners, fashion consultants, educators, platform artists and product sales representatives.